Clare Parker Homes offers our employees a number of training opportunities throughout the year
The following employee training opportunities will be required:
Clare Parker Homes Inc. Policies
- Policies and Procedures
- Abuse Police - Annual refresher is mandatory
- Medication Administration - Mandatory annual refresher.
- Fire Safety
- Report Writing
CPP&SP/PAP-R: (Comprehensive Personal Planning and Support Policy)
- This is a mandatory training for all supports supporting in a CLSD funded program. This training provides an overview and working knowledge of the policy we must adhere to and knowledge on Abuse within an organzation and the organizations abuse policy.
Person Centred Thinking
- Person Centred Practice are ways of comissioning, providing, and organizing services rooted in listening to what people want, to help them live in their communities as they choose.
MANDT Certification and Recertification
- The MANDT System is a comprehensive, integrated approach to preventing, de-escalating, and if necessary, intervening when the behaviour of an individual poses a threat of harm to himself and/or others.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)Training Basic
- MHFA is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The course discusses numerous mental disorders, including: Mood related disorders; Anxiety and trauma related disorders; Psychotic disorders; Substance related disorders. Crisis first aid skills for the following situations are learned: Substance overdose; Suicidal behaviour; Panic attack; acute stress reaction; Psychotic episode.
Transfer Lifting and Repositioning (TLR)
- The TLR program is designed to assist workers with identifying and managing/eliminating risks associated with client handling and moving general objects.
Safe Food and Handling Level 1
- A comprehensive food-safety training program for the food industry.
How We Support People (CLSD Level 1)
- Mandatory training for all supports supporting in a CLSD funded program. This training provides the foundation for supporting people with intellectual disabilities.
- Gentle Teaching Level 1, 2 & 3
Additional Trainings may include:
- WHMIS Training
- Supervisory and Management Training
- Coaching and Mentoring Effective Communication Skills
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training Basic
- Employee and Labour Relations Training
- Computer Software Training (Excel/Word)
- Navigating the Heart During Stormy Weather (Crisis Prevention)
- CLSD Levels 2 & 3 Trainings
- Conflict Resolution Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Occupational Health Training Level 1 & 2
- Sensory Integration
- Basic Skills Training (BST)
- Person Centered Planning Workshop (MAPS and PATH Training)
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Colour Spectrums
- LEAP - Leadership Excellence Advancement Program, through SARC
- Developmental Service Workers (DSW) Certification Education through Saskatchewan Polytechnic